We want to inform You that our old scanners with main board failures are no longer supported due to discontinued component production. This includes iQube (E500) scanners with serial numbers up to 5-xxx-xxx-xxx-00496 and iQube (E300) up to 3-xxx-xxx-xxx-00428.
Also our old scanners with FireWire cable failures will be no longer supported from 2020 December due to discontinued component production. This includes iQube (E500) scanners with serial numbers up to 5-xxx-xxx-xxx-00496 and iQube (E300) up to 3-xxx-xxx-xxx-00428 and all FOOTin3D scanners. We will support these problems until we will empty our FireWire cables stock.
Download full: Click here
Download demo: Click here
How to find scanner serial number and model?
Serial number is placed on the bottom of the iQube (E5xx) and iQube Mini (E1xx) device.
NOTE: If label is missing, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
My scanner not turning ON
Make sure that power cord fully plugged into scanner and wall socket. Turn ON power switch next to scanners power socket. Indication light on the switch now should be lit on. If not, unplug power cord from wall socket and check fuse which is located next to the power cord socket in scanners connections panel (for models without external power supply unit).
If fuse is blown, please replace it with spare one, which is provided with the scanner.
If fuse is intact, there might be a problem with power cord, external power supply unit (if your scanner has such) or wall socket.
If you have iQube E500 with serial numbers up till 5-xxx-xxx-xxx-00496 or iQube E300 with serial numbers up till 3-xxx-xxx-xxx-00428 (serial number is placed on the bottom of the scanner):
Please remove scanner glass plate by using suction device provided with the scanner and locate reset button at the bottom of compartment.
If scanner still doesn’t turn on, please contact email@example.com
Inadequate scan quality
Please make sure that device is turned of and unplugged from wall socket.
- Clean the glass plate
- For iQube E500, iQube E300. Footin3D
Make sure your scanners glass is clean of dust and dirt from both sides. If it is dirty, remove glass plate by using suction devices provided with the scanner, clean the glass plate with glass cleaner, let the glass dry and then put it back on the scanner. Test scan quality.
- For iQube E100 (mini)
Make sure your scanners glass is clean of dust and dirt. If it is dirty clean the glass plate with glass cleaner, let the glass dry and then put it back on the scanner. Test scan quality.
- Scratches on glass plate (all type of scanners)
If scanner glass plate has deep scratches or a lot of small scratches in scanning area, this might have influence on quality of scan. It is strongly recommended to use clean undamaged glass. For new glass plate, please contact your local partner or manufacturer firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clean mirrors and camera lens
- For iQube E500, iQube E300. Footin3D
Check if scanner mirrors or camera lenses are dusty or dirty. If so, remove glass plate using suction device provided with the scanner and clean mirrors with dry, soft, and clean cloth, DO NOT use any liquids. When cleaning, do not apply too much pressure, as it can affect scanner calibration or scratch mirror or lens surface. After cleaning put glass plate back on scanner, test scan quality.
- For iQube E100 (mini)
Check if scanner mirrors or camera lenses are dusty or dirty. If so, remove glass plate using suction device and clean mirrors with dry, soft, and clean cloth, DO NOT use any liquids. When cleaning, do not apply too much pressure, as it can affect scanner calibration or scratch mirror or lens surface. After cleaning put glass plate back on scanner, test scan quality.
- New/changed workplace (all type of scanners)
If scanner was moved to new workplace, check are there any direct light sources above /next to scanning area. Direct ambient light of certain light sources can interfere with scanner and distort scan results. Please, try reducing artificial light sources, put down the blinds, change location of scanner. Check scan quality. If it improved, reorganize working area so light sources couldn’t directly hit scanner cameras. If any of these options won’t help, or would like to consult with support team, please feel free to contact your supplier or directly to Elinvision support team at email@example.com and report the problem.
How long take to repair the scanner?
Repair time depends on complexity of reported issue. It might take from several minutes (remote repair) up to 2 weeks if scanner needs to be repaired at the factory.
- Remote repair – Remote repair time mostly depends on time zone, work schedule, complexity of failure. After remote session is arranged, it may take from several minutes up to several hours, depending on failure complexity.
- Special skills – if repair does not require special skills and customer is willing Elinvision will provide instructions and spare parts to repair device without shipping it to manufacturer. delivery of spare parts depends on mutual agreement and delivery timetables.
- Return to manufacturer – if scanner must be returned to manufacturer for repair, Elinvision aims to ship it back within 10 working days after the device was received. If repair parts are not available in stock, repair might take longer. Repair time arranged with customer
Do you offer warranty on your repairs?
Can I repair scanner by myself?
How do I have my device repaired?
After receiving your complaint about faulty scanner, we will evaluate the situation and there can be 3 ways your scanner can be repaired.
- Issue evaluation: To evaluate the failure and possibility to repair remotely we will ask for permission to connect to the scanner via TeamViewer software. From there we may fix scanner or suggest further actions if it is not repairable remotely.
- If failure is easy repairable, we might repair during remote session.
- If failure requires some parts changed and does not require special skills, support team might suggest providing instructions and spare parts for repair.
- If failure requires special skills or customer does not feel confident to do repair by himself. Scanner will need to be returned to manufacturer or distributor.
My scanner is not supported anymore, what should I do?
How do I report scanner issue?
Firstly, please contact your supplier.
If your supplier is Elinvision or your supplier no longer exists, please contact Service and Support team
Upon contacting Service and Support team to report a failure, please provide:
- Serial number of the scanner and what software was used during the failure.
- Problem description: describe situation, process, scanner activity as accurate as possible.
- If problem is visible or repeats, please provide us with visual content such as photos or video (if possible).
How much it will cost to repair the device?
Repair price depends on:
- Device has/ has not valid warranty by manufacturer or distributor
- Complexity of failure
- Spare parts required
Approximate expenses are available after the evaluation and additional requirements.
How do I prepare scanner for shipping to repair?
We strongly recommend using original scanner package, when shipping it for repair. Damage inflicted during shipping process caused by of insufficient or incorrect packaging are not covered by warranty or Elinvision.
Please make sure that scanner is packed tightly and not moving inside of the package.
If iQube E500 or E300 model scanner is shipped, please seat in carriage brake on scanner actuator as shown in picture below. Carriage stopper is originally provided with new device. In case when stopper is missing, please contact Service and Support team for assistance.